Friday, September 19, 2008

My Ex Got Married

So, no matter how I try not to think about it or harbor ill feelings, i continue to find it impossible not to have so many questions. Well the fact is, i wouldnt have so many questions had he not ignored my email when all i simply did was wish him many blessings for a happy marriage. What in the world is so wrong with that? To catch you up, here's the story:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So my ex got marrried. We dated from Feb 08 - May 08. Not long at all, which truthfully is the case for most of my relationships. He got married September 08 I guess. Not really sure, but that's when I found out. Now prior to September we were still on speaking terms, verbally, text, and email. Nothing big not even regularly. He said it out of his own mouth that we were cool, friends. There was no need for us not to speak. Cool. I definitely had no problem with that as I am "cool" with all of my ex-victims :-) except one and that's because he put his hands on me. Anyway, being that we are cool, and it is so fresh, why wouldnt he tell me that he was getting married or had gotten engaged or whatever. I've had "friends" well a "friend" since our break up and that's nothing to tell, but something as major as marriage only 4 months after a break up is what I would call serious.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay so say he didnt tell me about the engagment or marriage. No big deal. It is what it is. My problem at this moment is why would he Not respond with at least a Thank You when I wish him a congratulations. I got nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What am I missing here? Did i do something wrong? Am I out of line for expecting a little courtesy? Well maybe so because the fellow has no idea what respect means. Which might I add was a major cause for our break up. At least from my perspective, among other things.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I had a long drawn out 2-pager that I wrote yesterday and was going to post, but I'm not at that mindset now. This is where I am. The 2-pager was a timeline of events but what i've said here is the jist of what I wanted to say. Yesterday my initial feelings were shock, confusion, justification (during the latter part of the relationship I suspected he was cheating or had another life he was hiding), hurt, anxious, and cautious. I had and still have no idea how I am suppose to feel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I would like to happen, I would like a Thank You first of all. Then I would like an explaination of why I was kept in the dark when it was going to come to light anyway. I'm just floored basically. I have no idea what to think or how to feel. Guess I'll chalk it up with every other mystery I've encountered over the years. For instance, why do guys want girls to be stupid and take whatever they dish out yet and have the audicity to be treated better than they treat you? lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That my friends will always be a mystery.
I'm glad I got this off my chest. It was giving me acid reflux and a headache.

No comments: