Sunday, February 8, 2009

ITS GRAMMY TIME!

So I just heard on CNN that they are calling it the Year of Hip Hop! Hmm isnt that funny. Years ago musicologist said hip was a fad and would not last. HA!

So, who do we have up this year? And I'm only listing the black ppl and a few others I actually listen to for obvious reasons. lol!

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
album awards a particular song
M.I.A paper planes.... seriously???? how in the world and y?? this song was addictive and catchy for a moment but I dont think it wards an entire years worth of props. No way!
Adele chasing pavements and Leona Lewis bleeding love.... I dont really listen to them or the rest of the people on the list I've never heard of except Cold Play viva la vida. So looks like I'm going with Cold Play on this one. They are way popular and have more than paid their dues. I dont purchase or listen to their music but the want what they want.

RECORD OF THE YEAR
record awards the entire cd
Lil' Wayne....now that is obviously a given. check my Carter III review. I'm not really even into wayne but he's been hot since birth I think. Every year he gets bigger and bigger. He and Kanye are on everybodys ish. Ne-Yo...I didn't purchase this cd because I didnt care for the last one and never listened to it after I purchased so I figured this would be much of the same. He has had lots of air play from this cd so...even though I like wayne's cd, I'm pulling for Ne-Yo on this one. Cold Play is also listed but I've made my pick.

SONG OF THE YEAR
All I know on this list is American Boy...love that song. hands down. This song has to win no doubt.

New Artist
My girl Jazmin Sullivan is on this list but so are the Jonas Brothers, Duffy, and Adele. I would love to say go Jaz but i'm thinking it's going to be the Jonas Brothers. After all Sasha and Malia love them :-)

No comments: