Thursday, January 21, 2010

Things PMS will make you do

So, I’m 34 single with no dependents. Society says that I should be married with about 2 children by now and a progressive career by now. In fact most people are in that predicament by the age of maybe 25 at the earliest. Not I and I really don’t have a desire for the former, married with children. However, about every 21 days or so, I get this distinct urge to want to be attached to someone other than myself, my destiny, and my mentees. Today is one of those days. I have the urge to want to ask Mr. Dude, we should move in and you take care of me. We can just be roommates with benefits. LOL! Doing something I would totally regret because of PMS issues frightens me and makes me edgy, shameful, and a threat to myself. During this time I like to stay closed off from society and the world in general. Lord forbids I go ahead and do it. I would make the biggest fool of myself. Once that 2 week time is over, I’m back to my normal free self. The 1st week isn’t that tough to get through. It’s the end of that 2nd week that gets me to the cliff’s edge. PMS is a monster for real. And those dealing with PMDD should not be allowed to walk the streets during this time. We need FMLA excused absence once every 2-3 weeks for real.

No comments: