Monday, February 11, 2013

Case of the Mondays




You know how it goes. It starts with getting out the bed. “Uggggh I don’t wanna go!”  It takes you extra long to drag yourself to the shower, find clothes to wear, and get out the door. I prolong it as much as possible.  The fact that I don’t have to take my boyfriend to work on Mondays helps with my feeling of not being rushed and responsible for anyone else. (I still need him to show me those earmuffs. His ass thinks he’s gotten away with it. Bullshit)

You know the normal attire for Monday, black. Not to be symbolic of going to a funeral because 1) you don’t really wear black to a funeral anymore, do you; and 2) that’s just not good karma.  I am very happy and blessed to have my job. I don’t want it to die and go away. My reason for black this morning and most mornings is I don’t feel like trying to be creative.  I have limited amount of slacks and decent shirts so I have to play Russian roulette and figure out what to wear most mornings.  Do it at night. Are you crazy?  Who does that?  I’m just not too sure about that one.  That’s like taking a bath at night so you don’t have to get wet in the morning and go out in the cold. I’m too old for that nonsense.  I need the shower to help get me going in the morning. Then I’m ready to figure out this clothes thing. If I were a stay at home mom wife life would be much easier.  Who started all this equal gender crap anyway?  He makes the money; me cook, clean, shop, and take care of the kids. That would drive me crazy too. So Scratch that.

Children aren’t in the cards for everyone. I’m closer now to wanting a child than I’ve been before but a huge part of me still has reservations.  Ninety percent of me don’t think I can handle the birthing part.  Me, a baby, a human inside, naaaah God got that one wrong.  Don’t think I’m emotionally stable for that one. What if my baby comes out with medical problems?  I’m already on edge.  It would be my entire fault and I’d feel so guilty about bringing a child into this world to face so much pain and turmoil. 

Back to work. Enough of the rigmarole back to work. 9:39am let’s get this party started. It’s a run day J

No comments: