Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Been There Done That

I've finally done it! I completed my 1st conference presenation/workshop. 90 minutes of PowerPoint, lecture, question and answers...graphs, charts, statistics, and the like. We scored approximately 4 out of 5 with 5 being the highest. I saw more 3's and 4's than I did 4's and 5's. I realize I'm an ameture and I have to grow but I would liked to have been a little bit more on the great side than not. I would like to have been more valuable. If it was a 3 or 4 I don't feel I added any value to the presentation and my audience left without any new material. Conferences are not just time away from the office, but they are an opportunity to grow and develop new ideas and ways of doing things that will make your company better and your clients/customers more successful.
If I could post an attachment for you I would, but I dont see that option on blogger. The good thing is, my past is behind me. Good or bad, I can add it to my resume as conducting a workshop on the effects mental illness plays on our welfare clients and their ability to achieve success in the job field based on the demands and restraints of federal guidelines work first approach.

No comments: