Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gaining Direction for your Life

So, my bishop got married May 23 2009. I am so happy for him and the new 1st lady. A man as wonderful as him deserves happiness and companionship.



Of course that means our bishop had to consecrate the marriage! And I know he was more than ready for that LOL! Needless to say, we had a substitute for worship service Sunday May 24th and rightfully so.



Pastor Charles Jenkins from Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church sacrificed leaving his church service to take care of his friend Bishop Walker's sheep. And I am so glad he did because he delivered and AWESOME sermon.



"Gaining Direction for your life." Scripture base, Habakkuk 2:2 talks about how Habakkuk the faithful God loving man pursued his ambitions placed on him by God. No matter what the circumstances he pressed on in the name of Jesus.



Jeremiah 29:11 Pastor Jenkins reminded us that God has something for everyone. There's no need to worry about what other people have going on. As long as you follow the word of God you will receive your just reward.



If you want to change what you are receiving in your life then change the ppl you take your issues to. They have no idea what is in store for you. Only God knows that. So why bother communicating with those outside the realm when there answers are with God. Matthew 7:7 Prayer brings forth the answers and directions you need.



Be not weary for God has the answers and will give you what you need. You only have to continue talking to him, listening, and follow his lead.



Examples of God giving directions: Gen 12:1, Ex 3:14, Judges 6:14, and Joshua 4:15.



When God gives you a vision, it is for an appointed time. There is no time to waste when God gives you direction you must act and not procrastinate. As I reflect on this segment I think I may have missed many an opportunity to do what it is God has for me. I once received vision to start an after school enrichment program in my hometown and extend it to small cities across the U.S. I have yet to fulfill that vision because there is no way I want to return home to my small town full of depression, defeat, and stagnation. I seem to no longer have that vision as I am just trying to maintain where I am and not loose footing.



All things happen for a reason. I believe God has put something great in the cards for me. The direction I'm headed in now seems to be a pretty good foundation builder for the next steps in my progress. I'm not giving up and I must try harder to make that vision come true whether it is the same as originally viewed of if there are adaptations.



Patience is the ability to wait on God and follow his lead when it seems there is no way out of what your in. In order to fulfill the vision God has set for us, we have to Pray about it and ask for guidance. God will provide direction for that vision. Once we receive that vision we have to write it down and make it plain so that we wont forget it and work towards carrying it out.



God will only give you visions that are progressive and build on one another. In this progression others may not understand whats going on. Your job is to continue in the word, work the vision, and be patient waiting on the results.



God knows what he's doing. Trust Him.

No comments: