Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Writing

Writing is good for the soul.  It helps eliminate toxins on the brain, soul, and helps clarify emotions.  Happy people express themselves to others, themselves, and the outer universe in general.  Keeping it all in suffocates creativity  and pollutes the heart.  I'm not one to fully express myself whether happy, sad, confused, or mad.  This has caused an outward appearance of defeat, dissatisfaction, and helplessness. 
 
No one knows your thoughts, desires, hopes, dreams, intelligence, or true identity.  You become defined by your facial expressions or lack thereof.  Spinning in circles going no where.  Peace isn't my sanctity because I'm unexpressive.  There needs to be a change.  A change in the way I express myself, the way I do not express myself. 
 
My friend creates art with pen, another makes jewelry, another preaches the word, another verbally and joyfully engages in random conversations.  These are simple but doable forms of communication and letting someone know where you stand, how you feel, and who you are in and out. 
 
Nonchalance carries the attitude of "I don't care", "I'm far removed", or it could also mean "I really don't know so I'd rather not comment."  Does this mean you have no opinion, your disinteresting, disinterested, or ignorant?  Not voicing your opinion leads others to draw their own conclusions.  Most times these conclusions lean more on the negative side than not. 
 
Stuck up, boring, quiet, unknowledgeable, are a few adjectives used to describe less verbally expressive interactive nonchalant low-opinionated persons such as myself.  It's not that I don't know or have an opinion. Most of the time it is because I'm disinterested and at others it could be that what I have to say would not be the status quo and someone's feelings would be hurt.  Opinions are based on what that person knows and knowing what I know sometimes wages war against how the majority views the situation. 
 
Taking ideas from what someone tells you, incorporating them with what you know, using my sense of discernment, and scanning the past, present, and future helps create my response.  There are times when what I say needs further explanation but by then persons receiving the response have taken comments to another level in the wrong direction making me out to be the mean one.  When in fact things aren't always what they seem.  Listening and further inquiry as to how the answer was derived would reveal that all details have been taken into consideration, tested, and sequenced to produce minimal yet confusing response. 
 
So at times instead of answering and having to go in depth explaining the derivative of my response I'd rather keep my answer to myself and let the masses draw conclusions. 
 
Is this helpful to my character...not really.  However, no one ask unless they want the truth.  It is my belief that I bring the realness to any situation.  I say what one is thinking but has not been said and this is the value added opinion that may come across as harsh  but in reality speaks volumes. 
 
Choose words wisely.  Closed mouths don't get fed. Say what you mean and mean what you say.  Speak it and it shall be.  Those that walk in the counsel of the Godly shall inherit the earth.     

No comments: