Thursday, April 25, 2013

Earn the Right to Be a Leader

Reading morning devotions from The Word For You Today. I am so enjoying this daily reading. The discussions seem so timely for me right now, divine order. Thank you to my book club for giving me this book last month.

Today's word focuses on "Earning The Right To Lead". To earn this right, you must listen and follow God's Word, be fully prepared to take on the responsibilities and pressures of new and greater leadership, and of course count the cost and rather or not the investment or sacrifice is worth time away from your family and friends. Don't forget your faith. Continue to keep God first and do everything in order and in line with the will of God. As you climb the corporate ladder you take on the risk of continually decreasing time with the Lord, your family, your friends, and even yourself. Don't loose sight of those things that got you there, the things that made it possible for you to progress.

My time on the job has brought me from day to day boredom to not enough time in the day to do all I have on my to do list. I've taken over my supervisor's responsibilities, been thrown in the fire head first to back track and catch up on projects dangling in the wind, and learned so much along the way. People ask am I going to get the promotion or labeling me the next in line. This is not how it works in state government for one and two, I am not qualified to hold the director's position. My data manipulation skills are not advanced enough to manage such a task.

However, I am handling the current responsibilities every well.  I believe God is preparing me for the next level, and this has been great training for my tenacity, patience, attitude, and overall relationship skills. I'm willing to dive in and move from behind the scenes which have been my safe ground for over 10 years. I'm willing to make the most of what God has gifted me to do. Today's lesson has reassured me that I need to focus on the current "training" plan, absorb all that comes my way and file it for future reference, build relationships, and smile. God loves you and I'm open to receive that love. You should be too. Step out of your comfort zone, take the initiative, allow God to promote you, train you, and lead you through the fire and to greater blessings.

"If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously." Romans 12:8

No comments: