Thursday, February 21, 2013

Something great happened to me today – Counting the Blessings



1.      Me and baby cakes got up early and went to a new spot for breakfast. I LOVED IT! All Smiles.  I love trying new spots.  I use this app called Yelp which lets you check in everywhere you go, critic your experience, and share with the world.  They host events for new locations and post new businesses for people to try.  Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes was on the list of new businesses and it’s only like 5 min from my job. You know I had to go see what it’s all about. Number one, I love crepes.  I’ve made some before and they were fabulous.  I haven’t made them for boo thang yet, but I will.  I have now become a coffee addict.  I love the boutique coffee experience more than anything.  I tried Crème and I’m in love with their Cuban style express, or is it a latte? I don’t know.  I just know I love it and I need it sometimes. So this new place Red Bicycle Coffee and Crepes is the cutest spot.  It’s located in Germantown. I totally love this neighborhood; wish I could afford to live there. It would make a great morning run spot. We ate in and left in time for both of us to get to work on time. Love! I had the Wake Up Crepe which included eggs, turkey, onions, cheese, and mushrooms. It was very filling.  I needed some hot sauce though.  I need that boost of flavor.  The hot sauce they had available was some type of Asian stuff that did nothing for me. It was more sweet than hot.  My boo had the Florentine which was stuffed with eggs, spinach, cheese, and mushrooms. He added turkey.  They were both tasty.  The lattes were great as well. Boyfriend forgot he didn’t like the creaminess of lattes but enjoyed it otherwise.  He got the Nutty Latte which was hazel nut and almond. I chose the latte of the day which was almond joy and coconut.  I thought there was a third syrup but I can’t remember what it was.  Either way I tasted none of the sweetness I thought I would. Nonetheless I enjoyed the experience and would certainly go again, this time for lunch or small dinner.  Yes, crepes for dinner.  They have just about any and everything you want to try. And you can make your own.  I have to come back and try a dessert crepe. Life is good this A.M. J

We spent $25 on breakfast this morning. That’s way too much. 

2.      My boo gave me money for parking this morning. J He take care of me. So glad when I don’t have to talk down the hill or wait on that shuttle.  The only down part about working downtown for the state is the parking situation. We have free parking but it’s about 10 min away from the building.  There’s no getting to work just on time and walking in the building.  If you are running late add another 10-15 min to that. Also at least 3 days a week I’m bringing my duffel bag full of run clothes to the job.  So that’s my purse, lunch bag, sometimes I may have a work bag, and duffel bag.  That’s a hassle trying to lug all that up the hill on the shuttle or just walking. Some days are ok; other days are a big inconvenience.  I love the days when I only have to bring my purse to work.  Those are my easy breezy days.  

3.      Finally got the official word that my program coordinator has been approved and her start date is Monday, March 11. Woosha! This is kinda scary. I’m actually going to be responsible for someone else’s paycheck, time, leave, work, and progress. Hope I do a great job. Hope I’m a good supervisor. Hope I’m not too standoffish. Hope I’m not overbearing. Hope I’m qualified. Hope I measure up. Hope I’m competent. Confidence. Courage. Stamina. Personality. Attitude. On your mark. Get set. Go.

4.      Free lunch today at TPAC and Vandy’s Inside Out the Lunchbox presentation today. Love free lunches. Today we learned about the background happenings of putting on a production. They talked about the lights, equipment, set-up, take down, etc. The whole 9 yards. It’s a lot of work. Very interesting. 

No comments: