Sunday, October 25, 2009

Repositioned for Transition

It's Sunday and bishop's word was about changing your circumstances. He spoke from the story of Jesus changing water to wine. Bishop took it from the perspective that when Jesus asked for the water to be brought to the wedding spot he was setting it up for transitioning. Just the water was set up for transition so are we.

God places us in unfamiliar situations so that we can learn a lesson in preparation for what he has for us next in our life. What I took from this is that I should consider my trials and tribulations or tough situations as a repositioning readying me for transition.

So I'm trying to think about what's going on in my life at this moment.

1. I have joined the Young Leaders Council which in my opinion is out of my league and a step in committed growth and outreach which I wholeheartedly signed up for and it was on my list of goals for 2009 so, I consider that success. Is that repositioning for transition? Yes, I think so.

2. The director has asked me to head up an evaluation of the program she is responsible for implementing. The evaluation is at least a 1-2 year evaluation. The first for me in what I hope to be a long line of significant program evaluations. Is this reposition for transition? Yes. My direct in-house supervisor only saw fit to give me work that I consider tedious and monotonous.

3. I currently for the 1st time have no prospective gentlemen callers and I'm okay with that. I wouldn't say totally okay but I am more okay than I have ever been in the past. Would I consider this repositioning for transistion? Yes. I'm coming to realize that I need to do better. I deserve better and I can do better. I have been settling for too long and it's only caused severe damage to my emotions, will, and desire.

There are other repositioning situations that have happened this year but for the most part, there's only one that really matters and sets the tone for all the rest. It's my way of seeing things. My way of looking at situations. My way of accepting who I am, who I need to be, and what I need to do to make changes. Destiny is my soul purpose for being. If I'm not focused on my destiny then I'm headed in the wrong direction.

As God works transition in my life the only thing I can do is ready myself for the respositioning, be a willing participant, grasp the lessons I'm suppose to learn, and allow God full rein over my life. Follow his steps and lead by example.

What's your respositioning mantra? Where are you going? Where have you been? What have you learned? Have you been transformed in a way that you recognize only God could do? What's your destiny? What's your purpose? Who do you serve? Where are you going?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful stuff. Make me realize I need to take what comes and work more on me. Keep sharing the wisdom.

Getahn said...

Comment was actually from your boy, G.